Sunday, December 03, 2006

Its been snowing for 2 days... there's about 6 inches of it in the courtyard outside my flat now. It's not pretty... it's cold and wet and slippery and annoying. After tonight - everything will be icy tomorrow morning - and they'll coat the streets in salt - which will begin the seasonal 'ruining of the pants'... Once you've been through a miserable montreal winter - you really never miss snow ever again. The heater in the flat doesnt seem to actually do anything other than make noise - so i've turned it off... the halogen lighting seems to have more impact on the ambient temperature - so i just leave all the lights on.
On weekends I try to do things that feel like home... i watch the nfl... giggle at wolf blitzer... and find myself enjoying CMT (yeah, odd, but for some reason i only seem to like country music when i'm not in it). No time for making friends or doing social things - yet - but that's pretty normal for me on these projects. I like my coworkers - just too much work to do to hang out with them - though we have lots of holiday events in the queue. Some of em will turn into long term friends I think. Good people.
My world always gets 'work focused' at times like these. That's ok by me - i'm having fun.

No comments: