Thursday, May 31, 2007

So right now I'm dealing with a situation in china where there is a fairly ambiguous law... and a legal system there that is not terribly consistent in its application of law... and i'm advocating, strongly, that my company weigh in in the extremely safe zone and not come near anything that might be considered in violation so as to protect the people we work with from being taken away... (yes... they do that)...

I've found myself using the argument that 'see, i'm from the united states of america... i know all about a system of justice that doesnt abide the rule of law - and that imprisons people without good reason and with tremendous subjectivity.' I cant imagine that I would have been put in a position to make an argument like this... or to use the American government as a favorable comparison to that of the fairly totalitarian chinese state.

Then again... why do I need to make the argument... the Atty Gen does it for me...


No comments: