Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I remember these stories at the time...

I remember being in my car, listening to NPR, hearing accounts of the 'camps'... the 'rumors' of how bad it might be behind the lines... the first hand accounts by women who'd been liberated or had somehow managed to escape.

And all I could think at the time was 'bomb every serb city flat' - a society that can breed monsters that do things like that need not exist. Now, a decade or more later, I look back at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo and I cant help but wonder when we joined the ranks of the axis of evil. A decade or more later, we've finally caught Karadzic - and i can only hope some of the boys from Gitmo who've spent so much time practicing their trade on innocents might put their newfound skills to better use. This is a man who should be tortured... repeatedly... for decades.

No comments: