Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope for the future of my country

I cant ask for much more than that

Why do i have hope? Is it some policy wonk thing? a sense of relative security vs Palin and her Armageddon harlotry? Is it that so many good people are breathing for the first time in 8 years?

no...

"I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done "that's green", and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I fucking changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

THAT is why i have hope. (more behind the scenes stuff here)

2 comments:

robyncz said...

I very much want to purchase the print version of Newsweek and read the whole thing. The excerpts I've read so far are fascinating--and the one you posted had caught my eye as well.

GreatGoblin said...

it really is the most intriguing reporting of the entire election cycle... it's neutral and comprehensive and fascinating - and when the last bit is published it'll serve as fodder for a long 2008 post mortem conversation