Wednesday, January 10, 2007

American Software Developers

1) They think they're better than everyone else. They're not. I've worked with programmers from all over the world now - and of all of them - my top 5 probably includes 1 American - and he's the biggest sit on my ass unless i'm getting paid extra to do my job prima donna of them all.

2) They think they should get paid a lot of money to learn. I'm not paying you to figure shit out. I'm paying you to build me something. And don't bill me for crap if it doesnt work.

3) They think the tools they know are the best tools for the job - and they have 'religion' when it comes to them. I'm sorry if your frickin mad Unysis Mapper skillz are HAWT to you - i dont give a crap - dont tell me about them, dont tell me how the world would be better if i respected them, and for the love of god dont try to justify your absurd salary demands based upon this sad skillset that I DO NOT WANT.
3a: The corollary to that is 'just because you dont know what a X is doesnt mean it's worthless'. God damn... go be an idiot on YOUR dime.

4) They're so frickin patronizing to people from foreign countries. If the jackass cant spell the foreigner's name the attitude becomes nearly special olympics in its 'contempt filled patience'. Not only that - but in my experience the American has been WRONG as often as right - so shut your pieholes dickbrains.

5) Do you have any idea how hard it is to get into college in china? These guys will work 90 hours a week - yes - 90 hours - and do it for less than you want for one. They're smarter than you... they're better educated... they're more aggressive... and they work harder. Do the math you're so proud of yourselves for.

I'm sick of the attitude... i'm sick of getting invoices from americans for code i cant wipe my ass with... i'm sick of dealing with people who think they're better than others because of where they were born. People need to grow the hell up. The term 'Global economy' doesnt mean furriners will lick your sack for a quarter - get over it Lou Dobbs - it's not about wearing that 'made in china' flag lapel pin on your suit... it's about stepping up to the plate and BEING better than everyone else at a job. American software developers are lazy and greedy sacks of shit - and the rest of the world is learning that lesson. Quit makin us look bad. I WANT to hire you... it's easier for me to get the complex ideas across to someone that shares my cultural meme... but not that badly.

Ask me about the guys who own software development companies sometime... i'll tell you how i really feel.

No comments: