Saturday, May 16, 2009

I smell a TV series

So I'm reading this story about how criminal forensic science is a laughable joke only compounded by the idiot prosecuting attorneys... i think this is the home run quote in the story: "Though DNA evidence had shown back in 2003 that Brewer didn’t commit the rape, Allgood argued that because West matched bite marks he claimed to have found on the victim to Brewer’s teeth, Brewer must have bitten the victim while someone else raped her."

I swear... some days I wonder what goes on between some people's ears...

But then I'm thinking 'what a great premise for a TV show... it could be about a willfully negligent and corrupt forensics department - and every week they could convict innocent people of crimes they didnt commit. They should do a last scene like Boston Legal every week, the lead criminal pathologist and the DA could sit in folding lawnchairs in a backyard with a grill cooking steaks to the side drinking Coors while they lament how ineffective government has become. I'm calling my cousin...

No comments: