Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Stuck Inside the Box

There you are, at the edge of the Klingon neutral zone. Just inside is the Kobayashi Maru, a Class III neutronic fuel carrier with 81 crew and 300 passengers. The ship has struck a gravitic mine and it's systems, including life support, are failing. When you decide to attempt the rescue - 3 Klingon D7 battle cruisers begin to emerge - and no matter what you do more and more show up to the point that you are defeated.

Sometimes the game is rigged.

Every day has gotten harder for her. No matter what I do - no matter how I approach this - her parents will not accept the situation and the pressure steadily mounts. I think they expected it to die on its own - that they wouldn't have to step in and put a stop to it... but I kept leaping the hurdles and seemed to be building a real plan for going forward.

Now her family fights. A family that never fought before.

Now her father yells. A man who never yells.

They are not going to let this happen.

There's no way to win in this scenario.

I can't do this to her - no matter how much I want it or how good I think it can be.

No comments: